No, It's Not Twins - Just Ice Cream
Pregnancy is weird. For a few weeks, I was having a lot of pain from the sciatica and pubic symphysis separation. In fact, every time I had to do anything but sit still - get up from a chair, climb stairs, walk across the room - it was really painful. It was making me miserable.
But then, magically, it has disappeared! I guess my body has adjusted or the baby has shifted because it doesn't (mostly) hurt any more! I can do all my daily activities without pain, and I'm even able to go on the occassional gentle stroll without a problem. It makes me so, so happy to be able to be somewhat active without pain.
Of course, I've been having ongoing problems trying to sleep because I'm big and uncomfortable and have random digestive problems (presumably related to a big baby squishing my intestines). But you can't expect everything to be going well all at once!
Apparently I've reached the stage where strangers feel free to say random things about my pregnancy when I run into them. I was at a store a couple of days ago and the clerk asked me when I am due. I told her I have seven more weeks to go and she got an astonished look on her face and said, "You're not having twins?!?" Thanks, lady - I know I'm big and all, but I don't need constant reminders.
About a week ago I got into an elevator, and another woman came in after me. She turned to me and casually said, "Oh, you're having a boy!" I asked her, "Yes! How did you know that?" Her response was, "You're carrying really low!" So, apparently my pregnancy is conforming to one of those old wive's tales about the way you're carrying indicating whether it's a boy or girl.




1 Comments:
Sounds a lot like my pregnancy with Henry. I hope you are able to find some comfortable way to sleep for the next 6 weeks.
Post a Comment
<< Home