Growing Bigger Every Day
We toured Missouri Baptist Hospital and decided to go with St. Luke's. I think Missouri Baptist is actually a little better hospital - in particular their special needs nursery seems to be better, and we like the affiliation with Children's Hospital. Plus, Missouri Baptist lets you order whatever food you want at any time, rather than waiting for the hospital feeding schedule. (Last time after I gave birth I was ravenously hungry, yet they kept bringing me non-vegetarian meals. So I would eat half of it and then not be able to get anything else until the next pre-scheduled meal time.) On the other hand, the recovery rooms at St. Luke's are much nicer and bigger, with better husband couches. We figure we are much more likely to utilize the husband couch and bigger room than we are the special needs nursery, so that's what we went with. And, although we think Mo Bap is a better facility medically, it's only slightly so - they are both excellent hospitals.
We had a momentous landmark this week - we took Seda to the open house for her early pre-school class. She will be going to pre-pre-school once a week for two hours and is very, very excited about it. (Her birthday misses the cut-off for regular pre-school, so this is a program for kids who aren't quite old enough. She'll start regular pre-school next year). Even though it is just a couple hours a week, it still makes me a little teary-eyed to meet her first teacher and be sending her off to school soon. I loved school and it was a big, important part of my life, so I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.
And, for your enjoyment, here are a couple of pictures of my enormous belly. I can't believe I still have 11 weeks to grow more!

And a couple pictures of me and my girl:
And finally a picture of the cutest child in the world by herself:




2 Comments:
I agree: MoBap's postpartum rooms are very 'veal pen'. I don't know if you know this, but St Luke's has an 'anytime' fridge with sandwiches and fruit, which I don't remember being especially meaty!
You were definitely right about the size of those rooms. Also, MoBap is a little dank. We didn't see any actual dirt or anything, but it just gives the impression that it could do with a good scrubbing.
Post a Comment
<< Home