Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Approaching the Half-Way Point

I've been feeling the little baby squirming around in there for a couple of weeks, but it's only been in the last few days that I've been sure about what I'm feeling. I was concerned it would take me longer to feel him move because I have an anterior placenta. That just means that my placenta is on the front wall of the uterus instead of the back, and can act as a cushion making it harder to feel the baby. I love feeling the baby move inside - it may be the best part of pregnancy. In many ways, pregnancy is as close as humans get to actual magic, and for me it's when I feel the baby move that I realize that anew. Pregnancy just seems like this series of minor (and major) discomforts and indignities - but then comes the day when you feel the baby move and you realize you're making a person in there! A person who can move on his own. How amazing is that?

Next Wednesday I have the big mid-pregnancy ultrasound where they do a detailed scan and check all the limbs and organs to make sure they look healthy, so that's exciting! I'm at 18 weeks right now, which means that in two weeks I will be half-way through this pregnancy. Hard to believe!

I've been working from home since I got pregnant, and I highly recommend it for the pregnant lady. First, you don't have to worry about having work-appropriate clothes that fit every single day. Sweats or shorts and t-shirts are just fine! Also, you don't have to go out in the heat if you don't want to. Plus, if you feel like crap one day it's a lot easier to take an hour off and take a break. Definitely came in handy, especially in the first trimester when I was nauseous and tired all the time. Finally - and this benefit applies to everyone, not just the pregnant - I am saving about $8 a day in gas by not commuting. Working from home definitely makes life a lot easier in many ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colin said...

Hey, once again I have drifted a bit in my communications! I hope that you are both+2 doing well, I am thinking about you all! xxoo cpb

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your US went okay, and all fingers, toes an an enormous weenis are all present and accounted for. (But not circus-freak enormous, right?)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home