Monday, May 19, 2008

What Do Carnivores Eat?

Seda and I went to the St. Louis Vegetarian Society pot luck last week, so we spent some time beforehand talking about what it means to be vegetarian. We talked about how we don't eat meat. Then we went through lists of people we know who are vegetarian and who aren't vegetarian. We talked about how they eat meat and we don't, because we are vegetarian.

So an hour or so later Seda was playing one of her favorite games, pretending to be grandma (this game always involves a cane and a quavery old lady voice, even though her grandmas don't have either). As she was playing she started remembering our earlier discussion, so she said, "I'm grandma! I'm grandma! So that means . . . I eat . . . VEGETARIANS!"

So I sat her down and had a little discussion about how her grandmas don't eat vegetarians, they eat meat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home