Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Name, The Pictures, and Other Stuff

The name we've decided on for the new baby is Daegan James. Daegan (pronounced DAY-gan) is an old Gaelic name meaning "dark haired." Also, Dagan was a mythological Semitic god of agriculture and grain. We figured if one kid had a name that was a mythological god and the other one didn't, it was bound to cause fights. And Dagan even gets a mention in the Bible as the god of the Philistines. So, technically, it's a biblical names. And the middle name, James, is Mac's father's name. He passed on this year, at about the time this baby implanted in the womb.

This past week we had our big mid-pregnancy ultrasound. I am happy to report that everything looks perfect, and our baby is estimated to weight 12 oz. already! And we got a few nice pictures:







And the other new pregnancy development is that my back and hips and pelvis have been hurting a lot. I think it probably is the same pubic symphysis pain I had at the end of last pregnancy. But that didn't start until the last few weeks last time, and I still have 20 weeks to go this time! My Internet friends who had the same problem recommend seeing a chiropractor, so I made an appointment. I am also seeing my ob tomorrow, so I will get her opinion. In the meantime I look like a fool because I'm wearing the pregnancy support belt around my hips to provide them with extra stability, plus a heating pad belt around my middle to provide some relief to my back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

DO what you've got to do Robin. I remember I was in so much sciatic pain the last couple months with Henry that if it started at the halfway point I'd hightail it to a chiro.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on some of these blogs and just wanted to say that I love the name.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home