List of Complaints
I'm at that point in pregnancy where I have to stop a minute if I drop something and calculate whether that thing is really worth bending over for. A surprising amount of the time, it's just not worth it. Or, better yet, I can make Seda get it for me now.
I have so many things that have gone wrong with me now that I have lost count. First, I've started having third trimester insomnia. I'm really tired, but it's hard for me to sleep. It's just hard for me to get comfortable in bed, plus I have to get up fifty million times a night to pee, plus the baby is kicking me all the time. I saw the doctor today and she said I could Unisom - every night if I need to - so I might try that occassionally and see if it helps.
Second, my pelvis hurts. I have pubic symphysis separation, which is where the pubic bone separates too much in the center and causes a lot of pain when I stand up, roll over in bed, walk, pretty much do anything. It's normal for pregnancy to cause the bones in the pelvis to loosen, but mine have just been a little too enthusiastic about it. Hopefully that at least means the baby will be able to come out easier and labor will be shorter! My doctor said there's not really a cure for it except to give birth.
Third, my nose is always congested and bleeding. Perfectly normal during pregnancy, but annoying.
Fourth, my vision is changing, so my eyes are always blurry. It's giving me a headache to stare at my computer screen all day. I don't want to go to the eye doctor and get a new prescription because it will probably change again and contacts are expensive.
Fifth, I've grown out of most of my maternity clothes. Even most of the mediums are too tight now, and I'm relying on the large/XL maternity clothes. I've entered the muumuu stage of pregnancy, where a big old tent dress sounds like the perfect clothing item.
See how much my expectations have dropped compared with last pregnancy? I'm not complaining about not being able to run or about being out of shape or gaining a bunch of weight - oh no, I expect that - but it would be nice to be able to get up and walk into the kitchen without it causing me pain. Oh well, only ten more weeks!
As I said, Seda started early pre-school last week. She loved the experience and keeps asking when she is going back. I thought you all might enjoy a couple pictures of her on her first day of school with her Dora the Explorer backpack:


And here are a few pictures of us from Liz and Howard's wedding. I'd also like to give a super-appreciative shout out to Liz and Howard - they are on our extra cool people list because we inherited a giant bag of baby boy clothes from their son who was born last year.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home