Saturday, January 05, 2008

Back Here Again

We've been talking and we think we're going to start trying for a new baby in the new year. I have an appointment to get the IUD removed on the 16th, and we will see what happens after that!

Seda is such a beautiful, smart, sweet, fun kid that I have fears we may have used up all of our luck with her. What if the next one is not as easy and fun? What if she was just a fluke? We have hopes that her perfection is a result of either superior genetic stock or our amazing parenting skills and that the next one will turn out just as spectacularly. But I guess we will find out.

I changed the name of this blog to "On The Nest" today. A new blog name for a new baby. I was watching It's a Wonderful Life before Christmas and I was amused that in the scene where Mary implies to George that she's pregnant, he responds by saying "You –– Mary, you on the nest?!?" I love it, and think that euphemism should be brought back into common useage. And pretty appropriate since I'm a Robin, don't you think?

We got pregnant so quickly last time that I have to admit in the back of my mind I'm sort of making an assumption that it will happen again. I find myself thinking "Hmmm... IUD removed on the 16th, pregnant by early Feb, new baby arrives by Halloween!" I'm sure that sort of hubris is going to ensure I will have ferility problems, right?

But we'll give it a try and see what happens. If a pregnancy doesn't take by, like, April we will discuss again and may postpone for another year due to time constraints with work.

I have high hopes that pregnancy a second time and adjusting to a second baby will be easier than the first one. After all, I know what to expect during both now, so I ought to be prepared! At the very least, I am less anxious about this venture this time. And that's definitely a good thing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep updating cuz i'm still checking in.
lookin' good!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and good luck!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home