Monday, November 14, 2005

Slow Progress

Still no dilation, but 70% effaced. The baby and I are both doing well - just waiting. The doctor says that if my cervix is open at all next week (which will be one day past my due date) she'll offer to strip my membranes. Stripping the membranes is when they use a finger to separate the bag of waters from the cervix in the hope of stimulating labor. So our job this week is to read more about the procedure and decide if we want it done next week. At the moment I'm of two minds about it ... I'd like to wait for labor to start naturally, but I know that if I go to 42 weeks that the doctor will induce labor. I definitely want to avoid full induction of labor with Pitocin. Stripping the membranes seems like a rather low-intervention way to possibly avoid being fully induced later.

Here are a couple of pictures of the nursery ... we think we are pretty close to being done with it ...



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have sex.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That works. Even if it doesn't, it kills time.

Or, you can lose your balance and fall down a flight of stairs at Ohio State. I found out that works too.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the babys room.
Ouch that sounds like that would hurt Kim, sex sounds alot better

9:06 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yeah, I think I'll skip the falling recommendation .. but will consider the other one.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spicy food is an old wives tale, but we did have a v spicy chili the night before H was born. Bob also bounced me on the birthing ball a bunch. So whatever, it was probably just time.

The room does look v nice. Get as much sleep as you can and keep up your stamina. I've read several good hypnobirthing birthstories lately. I hope everything goes well.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home