Full Term
I'm 37 weeks along today, which means I'm technically at full term and only three weeks from my due date. My doctor is seeing me every week now, and she's been checking me to see if I'm close to labor at all. So far, no dilation or other signs, so it's probably a few weeks away. My last day at work was Friday, so I'm looking forward to resting for the next couple weeks and getting things ready for the baby. This week we have our first appointment to interview a pediatrician for the baby. I'm not sure what to ask them, exactly -- the only issue I think might be controversial is that we are vegetarian and intend to raise our child vegetarian as well. The books say to ask about their policies on baby care and breastfeeding ... but it's hard to believe you're going to run across an anti-breastfeeding pediatrician now days. We'll ask them, though.
I've posted a few pictures from the baby shower a couple weeks ago with friends. We also had one the week before that with family. We received many nice things at both showers, but the things that mean the most to me are probably the two creative, unique items we received. At the family shower, they put together a scrap book for Seda and everyone there decorated a page for her. At our friends shower, they collected a song from anyone who wanted to dedicate one to the new baby and burned a CD. And Amanda wielded her impressive graphic design skills to create a beautiful CD cover for it. Both are things I'm sure that Seda will cherish forever.
Baby shower pics...



Yesterday Mac and I went out to Pere Marquette Park and hiked for a bit, and captured a few good pictures ...








5 Comments:
You are totally FULL of BABY!
Pere Marquette Park is really nice--I went there last summer for a work thing, but didn't have a lot of time to hike around. (Plus, it was August, and it was HOT.) I liked it a lot, though, and I thought Grafton was a neat little town.
I saw a book somewhere (and I can't remember where now) of recipes for making your own vegetarian/vegan baby food. You probably know about it already, though. If you don't, let me know and I'll track it down for you with my awesome librarian skillz.
Tim H (from Millikin, lived with Matt S) and Chrissie are raising their daughter vegetarian and their ped has been supportive. She is v small and the ped said if they want to give her meat to see if it makes a difference in her growth then do it, but he didn't think it was necessary b/c their diet has plenty of protein. They didn't and she's healthy and super super smart. We love our family doc so we use him for Henry too. The only thing that has bothered me was he asked a few times if we were on the bottle yet. Perhaps he was asking to give free samples or something, but in the early days it bugged me cause breastfeeding is hard and I felt like he was undermining me. But really, he likes to give samples of everything so it was probably that and not pressure to wean.
Got yer thank you card. V cute. You look great.
Nanetter - the book is probably Super Baby Food. Bible of home baby food production.
Ah yes, I know Tim... we lived in the same house in college. I have some interesting memories of him setting his room on fire when we moved out.
I had no idea they were raising their kid vegetarian. I find that very interesting, since I'm almost certain that he tried to torment me at some point for being a vegetarian. I'm glad to hear their ped is supportive, though! I'm concerned that the medical community here in St. Louis might be a little more conservative than that of Chicago, though.
Robin,
You look Wonderful! I am so excited for both of you. Everyone in the family can hardly wait for the big event.
Love, Your Sis, Bev
Post a Comment
<< Home