New Doctor's Appointment
I had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday, and everything is still looking good. My blood pressure (though still low) was a little higher than normal, and my sugar level was up a little ... but we discussed it and the doctor thinks it's because we gorged like Romans at lunch no more than half an hour before the appointment. I had a gestational diabetes blood sugar screen a couple weeks ago, and that came back good (very good, in fact). Having said that, I'm still cutting out the added sugar in my diet, just in case.
We also talked a little bit about how big the baby might be. She said that the mother's weight at birth is the best predictor of the size of the baby, and since I was large (9lb 9oz) she thinks the baby is likely to be pretty good sized, too. Mac was also on the large side (about 8 1/2 lb). However, she measured my uterus and it's just about average for how far along I am - not unusually big, so Seda might not be quite as enormous as I was.
We were supposed to have our first childbirth class last night, but the instructor had a personal emergency and had to cancel the class. So we'll start the class next monday instead. I suspect a lot of the class will not be new information to me - I have read many pregnancy books by now - but I think it will be a good experience anyway.




4 Comments:
I hope you will learn some lamaze breathing at the childbirth class. I made all the way to transition before I really got uncomfortable. The breathing was very helpful from 4-7 cm. Didn't help much from 7-10, but I also wasn't allowed out of bed which makes the pain that much worse.
I was 8 lb 12 oz, my twin was 10 lbs even, and my brother was 12 lbs. Henry was 7 lb 13 oz. He measured on target every week. My mom thought he was small, but I thought a 7 lb anything baby was perfect. His head circumfrance was 14 inches which is really the important part ;)
Keee-rist! Your mom was carrying around nearly 19 pounds of baby?!!!
Were you full-term? Were you at least C-section?!!!
...I think I may adopt.
Full term to the day, natural birth in 4 hours, plus you gotta consider we're fraternal so each placenta weighs as much as a small baby.
So now we know Rayne was the runt of the litter! And Amanda is rethinking whether the tendency to twins in her family is a good thing ... sure, you get two babies for the price of one pregnancy/labor, but that's a mighty lot of baby to be carrying around. If it makes you feel better, my father claims he was a sixteen pound baby when he was born, so I guess it can happen even when you're just having one.
Post a Comment
<< Home