Nursery, Practical Jokes, and Names
This is the lovely crib that is awaiting the little girl once she arrives:

And the matching changing table:

I want to note that she has a much more well-matched room than any other in the house. In addition, she has nicer furniture and certainly nicer bedding. And her room is also much cleaner.
This is the lovely bedding we have chosen. It's the "Sweet as a Daisy" pattern by Lambs & Ivy. We bought it at Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot. It is a very pretty lavender and green, and has butterflies, as well as lady bugs and strawberries. And, of course, daisies.

People who don't know me now have no fear in asking me when I'm due ... which must mean I really look pregnant. The first time this happened, I was shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond. The cashier asked me when I was due. With a really serious look, I stared at her for a minute and then said, "What are you talking about? I'm not pregnant!!" Unfortunately, Mac started laughing and ruined the joke and I had to tell her the truth.
And we think we have decided on a name!! ... but we're not announcing it yet until we are sure about it. And maybe not then, depending on how we feel about it. I keep hearing stories about people who kept the new baby's name a secret until after birth, or even longer. One grandmother didn't learn her granddaughter's name until a week after she was born, when the parents had a "Welcome the Baby" party. Early on I thought there was no way that would be something I would do, but it's starting to sound like a good idea. You avoid having to tell every single person you know individually what the name is and hear their reaction and explain where the name comes from and so forth, and instead you just tell everyone you know at once.




6 Comments:
Robin & Mac,
The baby's room looks reallly
cute and sweet.
Hope to see you soon.
Love, Bev
hi robin & M
love the baby room
speaking of names here are 2 you can think about
Melissa} and Abagail
love u both ; mom
I have a couple comments, take them or leave them, I'm sure you're getting plenty of assvice by now anyway. I love the bedding. But when the baby comes home I'd remove the bumper when she's little b/c of SIDS and you'll want to be able to peek in during naps without coming all the way to the crib and potentially waking her up. Then I'd put the bumper on when she starts motoring around the crib on her hands and knees. We don't have a bumper and Henry bangs his head against the bars when he's crawling in his sleep and wakes himself up. Depending on how long and how well you like cosleeping this may all be moot.
Love the bedding, it is soooooo cute. I wish I was there to help you decorate. I guess I am going to have to go shopping for ?????, to get her some things for when she is born.
Love ya and miss ya,
Mandy
hey guys the room looks great!!!please review these few names...
1 Lilliana Murphy
2 Iliana Murphy
3 Meghan Murphy
4 Angelique Murphy
5 Sabrina Murphy
6 Natalia Murphy
7 Raquel Murphy
hope to see you soon ME
Shhh... AcaciaDawn Murphy.
Post a Comment
<< Home