These Sneakers Were Made For Walking
My heart is now pumping 40%-50% more blood, my heart rate has increased to compensate, oxygen consumption has increased by at least 16%, and I'm carrying around extra weight.
What all this means is that it is much harder to do things. Especially with the increased heat and humidity lately, running has just become too difficult - I feel like I'm overexerting myself. So I've dropped back to walking. But I figure if I'm going to walk rather than run, I should do more of it - so I'm actually walking farther than I was running. Hopefully that will compensate. I am frustrated by my decrease in athletic ability, but I am enjoying planning how I will get back in shape again after the baby. I don't mind reducing my fitness for a while, so long as I get it back again.
I've really developed an admiration for all those women in the past (and in less prosperous places today) who had to work the fields, haul wood, and do hard manual labor during pregnancy.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home