Saturday, June 11, 2005

Elastic Is The Best Invention of The Century

I definitely need to wear maternity clothes now, at least on my lower half. I used to wonder why so many maternity pants are so ugly, with that big stretchy panel in front and a waistband that practically goes to the armpits. Now I know - they're COMFORTABLE. I now prefer pants that either ride low, preferably below the belly, or high over the belly. And stretchy waistbands are a must. This is quite a change for someone who has made fun of both very high riding and very low riding pants, and has always hated elastic waistbands. In fact the ugly pants that ride high and have the ugly panel in front are probably preferred because they create a nice smooth surface over the belly area rather than creating an unsightly waistband line. I also now own and happily wear a pair of overalls, an item of clothing I have frequently made disparaging comments about.

Ah, see, the one thing I should have learned in my life is to never, ever make fun of things or say I will never do them ... inevitably some day I will come to regret my words. I am learning, slowly, but I'm learning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many times, that I remember saying that I would never do or say some of the things my mom did when I was growing up. Well low and behold, I catch myself doing the same things. When I go to visit my mom, all her friends say that we are so much alike. And I am sure when we are old, we will be wearing the same ole clothes and shoes that every elderly women wears. Miss you bunches.
Love ya,
Mandy

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home