Saturday, April 30, 2005

Innie or Outie?

I'm pretty eager to learn the sex. I think that will make it seem much more real to me. Plus, we are waiting to learn the sex to pick out a name. Once you have a name, you can start thinking of the baby that way. I don't care whether it's a boy or a girl, but I have more reasons to think it might be a girl ...

Reasons it is Likely To Be A Girl
  1. The women in my family over the last few generations have had girls 80% of the time. Out of 20 siblings, nieces, nephews, great-nieces, and great-nephews, only 4 are boys.
  2. Mac's parents had two boys, and I know his mother would love to have a granddaughter
  3. Mac's grandmother had a dream last year in which we had a girl
  4. We have many more girl names that we like than boy names. We are sort of lukewarm on most of the boy names we have on our list.
  5. We are both a little concerned that if we have a boy then by some unlucky stroke of fortune, it will turn out to be an Al Bundy / Archie Bunker-style American male - you know, loud, obnoxious, calling people 'faggot,' eating lots of bacon, gun-toting, registered Republican, watching lots of football. If we have to end up with a Republican, can it at least be Alex P. Keaton? Of course, something similar could happen with a girl ... but somehow it seems more likely, and more likely to produce spectacularly bad results, with a boy.

Reasons it is Likely To Be A Boy

  1. The universe is perverse and will laugh at our reasoning and give us a boy specifically because we have so many solid reasons it is likely to be a girl. What is that old Yiddish saying? Man plans, God laughs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Well for all of your reasonings, I hope its a girl..LOL Considering I have 2 girls, I think that girls are great. But I am sure that a boy would be just as great, just in a different type of great. I suppose with boys you atleast wouldnt have to deal with fighting over clothes.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I had 5 girls, one boy, ate lots of raw carrots and ice cream, so maybe odds you will have a girl are good?? If a boy, will be tickled pink too (or blue).

mom

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi robin well good luck i will give you a hint who i am i am your niece and i am not stephany

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home