Uneventful Doctor's Visit - BUT A More Eventful One Coming Up!
I saw my ob/gyn Dr. Patel today -- she basically just took blood and urine samples to do tests, then talked to me about lifestyle modifications. She said that I can continue running and lifting weights, but might consider taking it a little easier by limiting the length and frequency of runs. She also suggested I lift lighter weights and avoid exercises that require a lot of balance (like lunges with weights). We talked again about my diet, which she said was fine. She said I could expect to now be feeling tired, a need to urinate frequently, and sore breasts ... I told her that I was way ahead of her on that and already WAS feeling those things.
Since I got pregnant coming off the pill without having a regular period in between, it's a little harder for obstetricians to date when the pregnancy began. I chart my cycle, so I know I conceived much later in my cycle (day 27 or so) than is normal - which could throw off the due date if the doctor uses the usual method (counting from last menstrual period). So, my obstetrician is having me come in on April 14th to get an ultrasound so they can tell exactly how old the embryo is. It will be too early to see gender, but we will be able to see the heartbeat then!
Then on the way out of the office, they gave me a BIG BAG of coupons, magazine samples, formula samples, vitamin samples, etc, etc, etc .... I guess somebody thinks we're going to be BUYING A LOT OF STUFF over the next year.




1 Comments:
"...buying a lot of stuff..."
The infant industry is massive and waiting eagerly by (you'll start get spammed magazines and such (how do they know?!)) to sell you mechanized diaper disposal devices and crib-based walkie-talkie command centers. You definitely don't need this stuff if you are giving birth out on the "Bush", but some of it is handy here in the future. The gear is all oversized, big-buttoned, colorful, and made of bulbous plastics.
Post a Comment
<< Home