doctor, doctor, give me the news...
I went to my gynecologist on Friday for my annual exam, and I also made it into a pre-conception appointment. She suggested I try to cut back on caffeine to one cup of coffee a day, asked me about any genetic anomalies or birth defects in my or my husband's family, and presecribed some prenatal vitamins. She talked to me about my vegetarian diet to make sure I'm getting enough protein and iron, and asked me about how much I work out. She said that my diet and my exercise regime sound healthy and shouldn't be a problem. She basically said to call her back when I get a positive pregnancy test or in six months if nothing happens for further testing.
My doctor is affiliated with St. Luke's, Barnes, and Missouri Baptist hospitals, so we need to start thinking about which one we prefer to use. I'm interested in an unmedicated birth, so a key thing for me is to find the hospital that would be most supportive of that choice.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home