Monday, June 20, 2005

And the Sonogram Technician Says ...

It's a GIRL!

This first ultrasound is a shot of the relevant parts ... the parts that make her a girl are circled below.


This is a front view shot of the head



This is a profile view ...



And a closeup of the profile...



The doctor said everything looked perfect ... except that the right kidney bed is slightly enlarged. She said that in 99% of cases it turns out to be nothing, but they want to keep an eye on it. If it says enlarged, it might mean that something is blocked in the right kidney or urinary system. So we are going to get a follow-up ultrasound in four weeks. In the worst case, it might mean that there is a problem with one kidney - but since the other kidney looks fine, it's not life-threatening.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi robin & mac
everything looks good and we are happy its a girl

love, mom & dad

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to my first angel,
I didn't think I could be any happier than I was the day your mom and dad surprised me with the news that you were on your way, but then yesterday happened and somthing magical happened in me and to me. I don't think anyone is surprised that I hoped you would be a girl(although I would have loved a boy if that is what you would have been) but after your mom and dad told me you were coming as a girl (and they had to tell me...you'll soon find out how hopeless I am at new technology so I couldn't read the ultrasound on my own) well, after I made copies of the ultrasound suitable for framing and we all hugged and were happy and I got everyone out of my office and just sat and looked at you in the grainy black and white and all of a sudden, I fell in love. I already loved the idea of you and knew that love would grow when you were finally in this world and in my arms but there you were...a girl baby, a baby I knew would be beautiful with your excellent choice of parents, a girl who will be savvy and smart and funny and talented and maybe a little goofy like your gam marti and i fell in love with you, not just the idea of you. When I told your dad about this today, he said that the world changed yesterday and I couldn't agree more. You, my special angel, just may be the reason for me to be where I am and who I am at this point in my life.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Val and I are looking for cool t-shirts for the tiny one.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home