Saturday, November 08, 2008

Don't Blame the Ice Cream!

When I share the size estimate for Daegan, people are generally appropriately horrified.  Then they very tactfully ask if I've gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy.  The answer is no!  I have actually gained less weight with this pregnancy than with Seda.  Sure, I joke about the ice cream - and I definitely like it - but mostly I eat pretty well.  I weigh less now than when I gave birth to little 7-1/2 lb Seda.  I haven't gained any weight in about eight weeks.  So it's not my diet that is causing the gargantuan baby.  Personally, I'm going to blame those 12-pound-baby genes I got from my father.

I think we have decided to give this baby until my due date (11/17) and then induce if labor hasn't started naturally at that point.  So, he has about 9 more days to make his appearance on his own before we take steps to make him come.  Part of the reason is his size and, though I hate to say it, part of the reason is convenience.  I would really like to avoid having this baby on Seda's birthday (11/20) - it just seems like it would be kind of mean to make her share her birthday with her brother her whole life.  Then on the 22nd we have her birthday party scheduled, and I'd feel bad about cancelling it because mommy is in labor.  Then after the 24th, Mac will be working intensely for a week or two and it would make it very difficult for him to be at the birth.  So, we want to meet you before the 19th, little boy!  I kind of think I might go into labor next week anyway, based on the fact that I went into labor a few days before Seda's due date, plus I can't imagine it being possible to get any larger than this.

On another note, I found the list we kept of the first 60 words Seda said.  I was amused all over again to realize that among her first 60 words were:  sausage (15 months - especially funny for a vegetarian baby. She really likes the vegetarian soy-based sausage we eat!), George (15 months, for Curious George), iPod (15-1/2 months), Simpsons (15-1/2 months), Sponge Bob (16 months), and Barbarella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home