Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Low-Hanging Fruit

On Monday, Seda took a sibling class at the hospital. They taught her about newborn babies and she got to practice how to hold one using a doll. She got her picture taken holding the doll. They took her on a tour of the nursery to see real, live newborn babies. And she got to see where her mommy will be in the hospital. She also got an "I'm a big sister!" t-shirt and a little coloring book about being a sister. After she came home she showed us how to hold a baby properly. I think it helped her understand what was happening a bit more and feel more comfortable with the process. If you have an older kid, I highly recommend it.

I was carrying low anyway, but now that the baby has dropped my belly is just insanely low. I have to keep my legs apart when sitting because my belly hangs so low it impedes them. If I lean forward a bit, my belly will touch the seat I'm sitting in. It's crazy! But hopefully that means the baby won't decide to stay inside too much longer. Mac and I are making bets on when we think the baby will come. My current guess is 11/15 at 10:52 a.m. and he will weigh 7 lbs., 14 oz. Mac says he isn't going to make a guess until Halloween in order to have a chance to glean more data first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home