I Barfing!
Yep, chest getting bigger already and a little sore, I'm weepy for ridiculous reasons, and I've had a little bit of nausea. I'm still at the stage where all this seems romantic and sweet. "Aw, I almost barfed! That must mean I have a little tiny baby starting up inside!" I know from experience that honeymoon stage does not last, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
We're sort of not fully sharing the situation with everyone until a month from now (Apr 7) when I have a doctor's visit scheduled. Well, not sharing with everyone except for the entire Internet and anyone we know who happens to decide to drop by the blog. So, I guess we're not trying very hard to keep it a secret or anything, just being cautious. You know, there's still a pretty high risk of miscarriage before the 8th week, and I'm only at 4 weeks now. And there has been some loss and sadness in the family recently and we don't want to add to it if we can avoid it.
For those of you who don't know, obstetricians have some kind of weird math where your baby is only 2 weeks old, yet you are considered 4 weeks pregnant. Silly, I know, but it's tradition. They count from your last menstrual period rather than when you actually conceived. So, I have a 2 week old embryo at the moment, but am 4 weeks pregnant.
I read to Seda every night at bedtime, and I've been trying to include some books about baby brothers and sisters. I'm happy to report that she loves stories with little sisters and brothers in them. She's fascinated. However, I am a little worried because her favorite parts are where the brothers and sisters have some conflict. For example, we have one book where there is a page where the little sister wants to play with big sister's doll. Big sister says "No, that's my doll!" This is Seda's favorite page in the whole book, and she wants to go back and look at it all the time. I'm trying to turn this into a positive by making the story end well by adding some dialogue - I have big sister say, "No, that's my doll! But you can play with it when I'm done" or "No, that's my doll, but you can play with this teddy bear." Hopefully she's taking a positive lesson from it!
One of Seda's cute things lately is that she has realized you and add "-ing" to verbs to make the present progressive tense, but she doesn't always know the appropriate context to use it. So she says things like "I flashlighting!" or "I screwdriving!"




1 Comments:
AWESOME!
Post a Comment
<< Home