Sunday, November 16, 2008

Going In As One Tonight, Coming Back as Two Tomorrow

I'm going in tonight at 8pm to start the labor induction.  Wish me luck!  

I feel a little bit like it's the night before Christmas - I will probably have a baby tomorrow!  On the other hand, I'm a little bit nervous, too.  I expect everything will go fine, though.

Mac and Seda and I are going out for our last "family of three" dinner together, then they are going to drop me off at the hospital.  Tonight they will apply the Cervadil, and they usually let that do its work overnight.  Occassionally, that will be enough to start labor, but usually it is not.  The expectation is that my cervix will be "ripened" by the Cervadil overnight, then they will induce labor with Pitocin in the morning.  Then the baby will likely come sometime later in the day if all goes well.  I can't wait to see what he looks like and get to hold him for the first time!  I also can't wait to not be pregnant anymore!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on having a relatively quick, smooth delivery and a super healthy mom and baby.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited and happy for all four of you!!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything comes out ok, Good Luck.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home